Sarah homeschooling recipes family building our home

Monday, December 19, 2011

Salty, Crafty, and Sweet {Andes Mint Cookies}

Yum!  That's all I've got to say.  You may remember from last year that we are big fans of chocolate mint things around here, and this recipe is a winner.  My friend from college, Heather, made these and I saw them on instagram.  They looked delicious, and I knew I must make them.  She was kind enough to email me the recipe, even during this busy month of December.

Aren't they pretty?

You start by slicing Andes mints in half.

They should look like this when you take them from the oven.

Place the mint on top of the cookie when it's fresh from the oven.

Spread it when it's all melty.

Give them to all the men (big and small) in your life and they will love you.

And to your neighbors, too!

In other news, the older 3 had their Christmas recital at a retirement home this weekend.
See them on the couch on the right.

Samuel had to play first.  He looks a little tense, but he played great.

Dressed up in our Christmas colors.  It was a lovely way to do a Christmas concert.  Such sweet people, and our boys so enjoyed working the room after the concert.

Just one more week of Salty, Crafty and Sweet.  
I can't believe it's less than a week until Christmas.  I have to admit, I'm not quite done with my shopping.  I will be out there with the masses this week.
The recipe...

Andes Mint Cookies
3/4 cup butter softened
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 T water
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 salt
Andes mints cut in half

Cook butter, sugar, and water in a saucepan stirring until melted.  Remove from heart.  Immediately stir in chocolate chips until melted.  Pour into a mixing bowl and let cool about 10 minutes.  Add eggs, and beat at medium speed until mixed.  Add all the dry ingredients.  Chill dough for 1 hour.  Line baking sheets with aluminum foil.  Roll in walnut-sized balls.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.  Place 1/2 Andes mint on each cookie.  Swirl candies with a knife before removing from cookie sheet.
Makes 4-5 dozen.



No comments: