Sarah homeschooling recipes family building our home

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Oh, December…

Christmas 2104 came, and now it's gone.  As fast I just typed that, that's about as fast as it felt.  It was here, and now it's gone.  Today was our first day back homeschooling and I just ran to Starbucks for a mid-afternoon pick-me-up because that's what kind of "first day" it was.  Christmas break wasn't long enough or relaxing enough, but it was sweet and I guess I'll just accept the fact that Christmas for mothers is not restful.  Maybe Christmas for grandmothers is restful??  Someone give me some hope out there!  
Anyway, here is a photo recap.  This first picture is just b/c I found it on my phone and I just love this kid.

Chris took the boys to the Steven Curtis Chapman Christmas concert while I Christmas shopped.

Samuel likes cleaning better with his skates on.

Chris took me to the Michael W. Smith/Amy Grant Christmas concert.  I laughed because the concert was filled with all of these older looking people, and then I realized that most of them were our age.  Time does funny things to you, like make you feel like you are forever 27 on the inside!

Jopie had a yucky cold that scared us to death one night.  Praise God for this machine that  has kept us out of the ER with him many times.

Also, these are their Christmas lists.  I took a picture because of the sweetness of their handwriting and their requests.  Sorry about the upside-downness of this picture.

We slept in most of December and made leisurely breakfasts.  It's such fun being in the kitchen with the boys as they are learning to do things for themselves.  

Christmas dinner for our monthly dinner club…. it's more than a dinner club, but I'm not sure what else to call it.

A Favorite Things exchange for the moms in my homeschool co-op… catered almost exclusively by Trader Joe's ;)

We spent one night at Great Wolf Lodge.  Thanks Uncle Bryan and Aunt Tess for the gift card!  We loved and it, and so appropriate, you know, us being Wolfes and all!

Had to do a wolf ear picture.

Sitting back and watching my boys make cookies and hang out in the kitchen was a highlight  I love to see them enjoy each other.  

I got this from a sweet friend for my birthday and I would say it's changed my life, but that's being sort of dramatic.  But it has changed my mornings… and it's made me spoiled because when I was in a hurry the other morning and didn't make myself maple syrup flavored frothed milk to go on top of my coffee, it just wasn't the same.

We all shared a bear claw at Panera.  Those things are so tasty.

A night in downtown Fort Worth.  It was cold, but we got the obligatory picture anyway.

Annie with baseball friends.  I think this picture should really be called Riley's fan club… what other senior in high school would come to Annie with a bunch of moms and kids??  We love you, Riley!

We made cookies for the neighbors.  I had made the dough off and on the week before and we baked it all in one day.  The oven was on all day, and we slowly added to the 35 plates (we have lots of neighbors on our street).  By 6:00, we were ready to deliver.

The sports wagon is good for lots of things.

These sweet faces helped decorate the almond sugar cookies with almond icing.  Yum!



We had Christmas dinner with Brian and Leighsa.  I say we make it a tradition.

Christmas Eve Costco run… I actually like errands of Christmas Eve.  Everyone is so festive.

Our very gourmet Christmas Eve dinner was taco-in-a-bag this year.  The kids LOVED it, and it's so easy to make, and you can eat it sitting on the counter.

Christmas Eve service with the Sartains… a tradition two years in the making.

Presents all wrapped and ready under the tree.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!


Two days after Christmas is Graham's birthday.

Also, the Thompson Tribe came to visit, all 13 of them!  Yes, I said 13.  We had a FULL, happy house.  16 kids and 4 adults.


But the most important thing is that they came with Sarah Pearl, my namesake.  We bonded while Niki was trying on clothes.  And let's be honest, I look pretty good with a girl baby ;)



She obviously loves me.

Almost all of us at In-N-Out, with Ms. Diana… one of our favorite Kanakuk friends :)

Steel City Pops, where I had given up trying to make everyone look at the camera.

Asher loved Sarah Pearl.

This is where the whole visit went downhill.  Graham broke his arm at the roller rink (a man ran into him and knocked him down) and cold weather and icy conditions were predicted.  As a side note, I'm not sure his anesthesia meds had worn off when I took this pictures.

The Thompsons had to leave a day early but we got a birthday donut in first.

Samuel's birthday present was this.

Father/son bonding at its finest.  Although let's not talk about the results of the game.

The rest of us stayed home and rested.

And organized closets and changed sheets on the bed, the things that never seem to get done that much once the school year starts.

Then I had a cup off coffee in this cup… again, the frothed milk.  Yum.

That's all folks.  A fun time was had by all, and I'm tired.

1 comment:

Chris said...

You're an awesome mom. Really glad I married you. ;)