Sarah homeschooling recipes family building our home

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Christmas Morning at our House

We've been doing Christmas morning pretty much the same for a couple of years now.  Stockings on the mantle.  Sugar cereal in the tree for breakfast.  We still do "Something you want, Something you need, Something to play with, Something to read."  It's helped me over the years to have some purpose in buying their gifts.  I LOVE buying Christmas gifts.  I like to think of what will bring them the most joy.  But I DON'T like buying stuff just to buy stuff.  This year, they plotted out their own list and told me much of what they wanted.  But there were a few surprises, too.  


Chris read to them upstairs while I did a few last minute things.

This has become a traditional picture, but this year, all five of them didn't fit all the way across on one stair.  So obviously Nathan had to be the center of attention!

I like to catch their reactions as they walk down the stairs.  These moments are magical, and I want to remember their sweet faces.



Stockings are first.



This is how I did their gifts this year.  They each had a certain wrapping paper that was at the bottom of their stocking.  That's part of the excitement of Christmas morning, finally finding out what gifts are yours.

 And now, just some pictures of the boys with some of their gifts.  I just love their happy faces.  I love how much they love the traditions we have.  And I love the expressions of joy on camera.











 Nathan is VERY fun to watch on Christmas morning.

I'll leave you with that.  Thanks for indulging me and making it all the way to the bottom of this post :)

2 comments:

Georgina said...

Sarah, I love the idea of "Something you want, Something you need, Something to play with, Something to read." I'm going to have to use that for Christmas this year. I also like your idea about not telling them until Christmas morning which gifts are theirs. My kiddos drove me crazy guessing at what was in their presents.

Hope you're having a good start to the new year!

Krista Sanders said...

I want to ditto your hubby’s comment-- YOU ARE A GREAT MOM! I love all these pictures-- like the last FIVE posts-- and your sweet, family oriented, neighbor-oriented traditions! Drawing names, cereal, stockings, cookies {for you and the gazillion neighbors} You continue to capture great shots and even sweeter memories.