Well, it's been quite awhile since I've written on this blog. There's much to say and it makes me overwhelmed to think about writing it all down. And then I don't feel like blogging because I feel like I need to catch up on the last couple of months. So I won't.
I'll just write about a few things that are happening right now.
1. Nathan has been sleeping in our room lately, not every night, but he's been falling asleep faster away from his brothers. He's a chatty little guy, so he goes to sleep better when he doesn't have anyone to talk with. Then we move him to the couch when we go to bed. We find him like this is the morning. And every morning my heart melts. Every morning I also think about how I might freeze time and sit and watch him sleep in all his cuteness forever.
2. Speaking of our room, Chris did a DIY project for me this month!!! He painted the legs gold on this table and now we have the raddest (and cheapest) desk in our room right now. I love it. Now I need chairs. And I need to figure out what to put on the wall above the desk. This is Chris's little office space so I guess I'll give him some say in the matter ;)
3. Graham is my reader. We have that in common. When I was his age, I was reading everything I could get my hands on. We bought The Hobbit a couple of years ago expecting him to dive into it, but it never caught his fancy. Then he saw some clips of the movie at Costco last week. He wanted to see the movie and I told him he has the read the book first. A few days later and he's all done… now he's ready to start the next book. I love it when my motivation schemes work, because most of the time, they don't!
4. Texas has had the most lovely spring. It hasn't been "Texas hot" until this last week. That is perfect because the pool opens next week. Swim team already started this week. I'm ready to spend long afternoons at the pool and long weekends at baseball tournaments.
5. Instagram: I did something wonderful at the end of March. I stopped following a bunch of people. I was following a whole crew of people that I didn't really know and who I think have really beautiful lives, or take really beautiful pictures, or have beautiful talents. But for whatever reason, it was all making me feel bad. There was nothing wrong with anyone I was following, but it was leading to icky things in my heart. It was freeing to let that go.
6. For the first time EVER, I'm planning for the school year in the fall more than a week in advance. I love organization and it feels good to have the time to figure out what it is that we want to do next year.
7. I've been having the biggest urge to take the boys someplace pretty and amazing. Why do all the really cool National Parks have to be so far apart? And so far away from Texas? I've always had a National Park fascination, but have only been to a couple of them. I want to go and explore!!
8. Graham will enter 7th grade in the fall. There's only six more years with him in our home. I'm not sure how that happened but it did.
9. Asher and Samuel. It's baseball season for them and Ranger's season for all of Texas. I just love their love for it. I love watching them play. It pains me when they play at the same time because I don't want to miss a thing.
[Asher scoring a Ranger's game.]
10. Joseph is seven and is the sweetest child in the entire planet. I just can't get enough of him. I want to freeze him too. He's so good that sometimes I forget about him. He's easy-going, almost never makes a fuss, and rarely has a strong opinion. Sweet boy… he's growing up too fast.
I hope this finds you enjoying a lovely weekend with your family.