Sarah homeschooling recipes family building our home

Monday, April 14, 2014

Our "Spring Break" Staycation

As everyone was posting pictures of their family on chairlifts in Colorado or from beaches in Florida, I was feeling mighty jealous.  We didn't take a Spring Break.  Even more than my desire to take a spring break is my desire to be DONE with school.  And I'd rather take a vacation in the summer when the weather is nice.  But I was dying to go somewhere.  So we did, for about 36 hours, plan a little getaway.  We went to Target and bought about $5 worth of water toys, threw our swimsuits in a bag and checked into the hotel.  It was crowded because of Spring Break, but that's okay.  The kids didn't notice and I had fun watching them play in the water for hours at a time.  It wasn't very glamorous but it was just what the spring fever doctor ordered.  The kids didn't even know a lot of their friends had gone to exotic places and they thought their little spring break was "amazing!"










No comments: