Sarah homeschooling recipes family building our home

Thursday, March 3, 2011

I have cool friends {Splurge Events}

Just because you are probably tired of reading about me, my boys and how cute they are, and what crazy antics they are into lately, here is a new segment.  I have cool friends.  Here is one of them--
Jenna Lee has more creativity in her little finger than I have in my entire being.  Really.  She's amazing.  Besides being wife and mom to her 2 kids (and home schooling them), she does event planning.  These are photos from her home school Valentine's day party that she "threw" together.  
Look at this amazing table.  Out of a magazine.

Red and pink popcorn.

Pink spools of thread to hold lollipops.  Pink snowballs.  Festive vintage candy sticks.  Where does she come up with these things?

Gorgeous cookies she and her mom made.

Yum.

Double yum.

More cookies.  Most cookies that are beautiful (in my opinion) don't taste that good.  These are definitely the exception.  They were delicious.

She set up a photo booth for kids to dress up and take silly pictures of themselves.  Such a great idea.  The girls did this for hours while the boys were outside playing football and basketball.


The props.

Asher was okay enough with his manhood to try the photo booth.

Make your own fun milk drink.  My boys loved this.



Hot cocoa anyone?

The kids each were given a notebook to sign for each other, in lieu of Valentines.

Jenna has quite of a few tutorials here, here, and here.  Once you get to the site, you can see her different ideas and watch even more.  These are perfect for people like me, who need to be told exactly what to do.  She even tells you what to buy and where to buy it.  I love that!
She also has a blog.
If you are planning an event in Fort Worth, she's your gal.
Thanks for the great party, Jenna!

P.S.  Be sure to go and vote for her for the Best of Fort Worth 2011.  Scroll down to the last one (#70) and put in Best Event Planner:  Splurge Event Design/Jenna Lee.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my word--that was amazing. I wish i had just a little bit of that. Her party was beautiful! I want one.

Unknown said...

PS--I voted for her!

Gretchen said...

I don't know where to start! Those cookies looked so good...and we miss you! It was great to get your letters. I'm so glad to hear that you are happy back in Texas. We are grateful for the opportunity we had to get to know you and your beautiful family. I'll enjoy keeping in touch with you via your blog.