Sarah homeschooling recipes family building our home

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Summer 2017, Part II

After watching a Cross Fit documentary ;) 
(Please ignore the messy room.  I won't even say it's not normally like this, bc it is)

I would have NEVER bought this obnoxious pink and purple toy if I wasn't a mom of five boys.  Having something so girly in my living room is like balm to cover up all the balls and cars and dirty socks.

One of the highlights of the summer was having the Cupps here.  I wish we could have seen more of them but every time I had the chance to chat with Jen, I left encouraged.

I don't know why I took this picture, but it's a typical Costco haul (actually this is only half of it).  And the lunch boxes are a sad reminder that school is coming :(


Packing up for Philmont, the father-son adventure of a lifetime.
One struggles to pack...

Another very easily and happily packs his things
(Two weeks worth of clothes are in that orange stuff sack!)


Weighing the pack.



Nathan is a literal monkey.

They looked forward to the 2017 baseball card pack coming out for about six months.  And today was the day.  They sit and for days take turns picking cards.  I love it!

MusiCamp was amazing.  Two helpers and two campers.  And it gave me a quiet week while Chris and Graham were gone.  

And then Asher flew to Colorado to be with my parents.  I intended to walk him to the gate but we ran out of time and he did it all by himself.  He was so confident.  I stood there and wondered how time had passed so quickly.

Lots of game playing while they were away.

Pictures that Asher was doing just fine with Grandma and Grandpa.

Golf is exhausting.

They came off the trail!  This was the first time we had seen or heard from them in 12 days!

They came back with packs FULL of dirty clothes and TONS of stories.  I'm seriously thankful they came back without any injury!




Last Race Trac refill of the summer... and we are sad that summer is coming to an end.

But first, a trip to Colorado!


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wish we lived closer-our boys would have so much fun together.
(And my boys do the same thing with the baseboards and trim and it drives me crazy! They try to get around the entire house without touching the floor.)