Sarah homeschooling recipes family building our home

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

July Madness {Our Last Day in Chicago!}

I promise this is the last of the Chicago pictures… for whomever is still looking at these, you must be a true friend! ;)

Our last day in the city was FULL, and we loved every minute of it.  We "made" the kids go to the Art Institute.  My parents took the Jopie and Nathan to the Planetarium and we took the older boys to see some amazing artwork that we can't see here in Texas.  It was well worth it.  I can't say the boys loved it, but I think they will remember our time there.  The city passes gave us phones that we could walk around with and hear about the artwork.  I think they liked that they had something to do while they walked around.  And kids love gadgets and pressing numbers in phones, don't they?
I'm not much of an artsy person, but it is amazing to see these pieces of artwork, especially the ones the are familiar.








We took this one for Mrs. Travis, our piano teacher.

This one was my personal fav… something about that orange moon.  I'd like to steal it and hang it above my mantle, but I'm not sure the Art Institute of Chicago would appreciate that.

After our cultural experience, we hit the Starbucks for some caffeine to wake us up a little, and wandered over to the Bean.  We had to take our obligatory pictures here.

As a side note, sometimes I look at these pictures and wonder how in the world I'm the mother of such big boys.  SAMUEL will be 10 this year and then I will have more kids in double digits than in single digits.  I mean, I'm really not sure how it happened.
It sure is fun hanging out with these big boys, though.



Jopie at the Planetarium with my parents.

Someone was a little tired and fell asleep on the bus.

One of the highlights… eating Lou's Pizza with one of my dearest friends who I wish I got to see a lot more than I do.  Dinner was all the time we had, but soooo happy that it worked out.

Sometimes I get a kick out of the things this boy does.  

We ended our time in Chicago at the top of the John Hancock.  The sun was setting and it was amazing up there.  Kind of dreamy… In my opinion, the view up here is better than Willis Tower.  You can see the whole city on one side and the lake on the other.  The kids were in awe.  We lingered up there for quite awhile.






And to end it all, we did the Tilt.  You can read about it here.  It was one of the scariest things I've ever done.  And I'm not sure I was prepared for it.  It literally tilts you out over the city… 94 stories up.  It still makes me weak at the knees.  And the boys still talk about it.  It was one of their favorite things.

One last picture of us on top of Chicago.

We walked back to Moody where we had parked, the same walk down Chicago Avenue that I've made hundreds of times.

It was a wonderful four days.  I'm thankful.

Then, we hopped in the car and headed to Michigan!

1 comment:

Krista Sanders said...

Do I get a certificate for being a “true friend”?! The museum..... wow-- you saw a few of my favorites too!! Just a side note-- you know us here in Cowtown have some pretty fancy pictures too. We even have that new fangled hand held device that tells you all about them color pictures hanging on the wall. Moving on.... I would not have been able to do that 360 deal. Nope. Don’t think so.