Sarah homeschooling recipes family building our home

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Nothing In Particular

I have all these good blogging intentions.  But the days have been so full and the evenings even fuller.  Seems as though every night we are all falling into bed way too late.  

(two little boys super excited about new swim trunks)

(school in the garage just for kicks)

We've started a summer schedule.  Even though we won't finish school until the end of July, we have cut back to the essentials (Math, English, Writing, Spelling, and History) so we can hit the pool in the afternoons in time to make baseball practices in the evening.  I'm trying my best to embrace these days of craziness.  On one hand, I long for a day to myself or to someday maybe complete a project I pinned on Pinterest, or heck, even start a project I pinned.  But mostly, I know that my oldest boys are on the verge of adolescence.  And these days that we traipse around Fort Worth, just the six of us, and they all haven't a care in the world except for maybe what errands we'll run that day, or if we might stop and get a slush on the way home, or how many days we have until we get to go Minnesota, or what time the Rangers are playing tonight.  These innocent days.  I know they won't last forever.  I wish they would, even though it's hectic.  I love nothing more than when we're all together, doing nothing in particular. 

(errands with the boys)

It's Friday.  What are you doing this weekend?  We've got baseball and such.  And going to dinner at a friend's house.  And church.  And I can only hope for some down time, too!  But if not, there's a season for everything, right?  And I guess this is just not my season to get anything done.

(I'm sorry to say it out loud, but there's not much cuter than this)...
... except, of course, your child in your opinion :)

Happy weekend!

1 comment:

Krista Sanders said...

I love how Samuel is embracing the mannequin! Great picture. And yes, that last one is adorable. Classic. Glad baseball is breaking for now-- for you.