Sarah homeschooling recipes family building our home

Monday, August 1, 2011

Baby, it's hot outside.

Like it's been over 100 degrees for 30 straight days with no end in sight.
This week the highs are 108, 109, 109, 108, 107, and 107.

I had the brilliant idea last night that we should be nocturnal for the next month.  In the middle of the night, it's a pleasant 83.  Does anyone want to try it with me?  Sleep all day when it's scorching and enjoy the cool nighttime temps.  Who's in?
Having grown up in Minnesota, I think the summers here are equivalent to the winters there.  
You really can't go outside to play.
It's just too hot.

So there's play dough.


Electronic devices... which we try to keep at a minimum.

But on the really hot days, I may let them have an hour of media instead of 30 minutes.

Board games.


There's always cars.


Crafts.





But you can swim.
Thanks, Weavers, for the family swim day!

Uncle Mark and Aunt Teresa are responsible for Cry Cry loving the water this summer.
He hated it, and after 10 minutes with them, he was a fish.

We swim every day.

It makes it bearable here.
But I'm looking forward to sub 100 degree highs.
Fall, come quickly.



3 comments:

Lori said...

I'm all for becoming nocturnal. I think the pool is just about the only way to survive outdoors these days.

Summer said...

You are sweeter than me with play-dough! Gets everywhere!!

Krista Sanders said...

Liked your idea at the pool when you mentioned it! Nocturnal habits! My car said 112!