Sarah homeschooling recipes family building our home

Monday, April 13, 2015

Chicken & Noodles

My grandma came to visit us over Spring Break this March.  I hope that when I'm 94, I'm still up for a Spring Break trip.  I also hope that by the time I'm 94, I'll have a signature meal… that meal that I'm known for, that my kids and grandkids and great-grandkids (Lord willing) beg me to make.

GiGi's signature meal is chicken and noodles.  It's an all-day affair.  You have to make the noodles, cut them in thin strips, allow them to dry.  You also have to boil and pick a couple of fryer chickens.  All of the kids were excited to help and learn.






Nathan is enthusiastic about EVERYTHING, so, of course, he loved the noodle rolling as well.

I heart this one :)





The finished product served over mashed potatoes.  Yum.


Thanks, GiGi, for your gift of chicken and noodles.


No comments: