Sarah homeschooling recipes family building our home

Friday, December 19, 2014

Colorado Family

When I was growing up, I had these little cousins in Colorado.  They were way younger than me and it was fun to visit them because they were such a close knit, fun family.  But they were my little cousins, you know, they were just kids.  
Well, a couple of decades later, our family found itself in a predicament.  I had just found out I was pregnant with Joseph and Graham had just turned four.  Asher was two and Samuel had just turned one.  The beginning of my pregnancies were very difficult and I wasn't sure how we would survive this one.  Amanda was my answer to prayer.  She was 21 and in a place in her life that she could come and help us for awhile.  I can't tell you how much it meant to me.  Her help was amazing, but even greater was the friendship we made.  She became more like a sister to Chris and me, and less like a cousin.

Well, now Amanda is all grown up and has a beautiful family of her own.  She came to visit us with her precious kiddos, Grace and Josiah.  My boys LOVE Grace and Josiah!  We had fun doing various things in Fort Worth.  The weather was perfect and it was lovely spending so much time outside.  Also, Amanda's brother, my other cousin Seth came and brought his girlfriend (now fiancé!) Kelsey.  They were amazing at playing with all of the kids, and I enjoyed knowing Seth as the adult (he has the facial hair to prove it!) that he is, not the little boy I remember playing with Thomas trains.  Kelsey is wonderful in every way, and I can't wait to see what God has in store for the two of them as a married couple.







They were also here over Halloween.  A special shout out to Asher for making Nathan and Grace homemade costumes.  




Thanks for the visit, Colorado family!  Melissa, Scott, Chris, Julie, and Greg, we expect you to come next time ;)

No comments: